The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is proud to host a comprehensive neuro vision continuing education course geared for Occupational Therapists in central Ohio. This course will be led by three specialists from Craig Hospital. The course will range from basic through advanced skills over 3 days.
Course objectives include:
- State anatomy and function of normal visual systems.
- Define common visual terminology and identify implications for therapy.
- Identify common visual and visual-perceptual impairments associated with Traumatic Brain Injury and Stroke.
- Demonstrate a basic vision screening for referral to a vision specialist.
- Develop basic and advanced clinical skills to assist with treatment planning for the patient with visual and visual-perceptual impairments.
- Explain multi-disciplinary and functional impacts of visual impairments.
- Demonstrate basic and advanced treatment approaches addressing visual deficits including environmental modifications and remedial visual therapy exercises.
Continuing Education Credits