Orthopedic Rehabilitation can help you increase range of motion, strength and functional abilities.
The Orthopedic Rehabilitation Program at Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center provides rehabilitative services to people with a variety of muscular, skeletal and orthopedic conditions.
After an evaluation by our multidisciplinary team of specialists, a personalized rehabilitation program is created for each patient. The program aims to help you increase your range of motion, strength and functional abilities. The ultimate goal is improved health and wellness that contributes to a better daily living experience.
We help patients who have experienced:
- Amputation (total or partial limb loss)
- Arthritis (join inflammation due to osteoarthritis or rheumatoid arthritis)
- Bursitis (inflammation of small sacs of fluid in the joints)
- Cancer resulting in impairments of the musculoskeletal system
- Dizziness or vestibular disorders (balance conditions related to the inner ear)
- Fibromyalgia (a chronic condition marked by widespread muscle and bone pain)
- Muscle and joint disease
- Spinal pain in the neck or back
- Sprains (ligament injury)
- Strains (muscle or tendon injury)
- Surgery effects (related to arthroscopic, minimally invasive/laparoscopic, orthopedic or reconstructive joint surgery)
- Tendonitis (tendon inflammation)
- Urinary incontinence (difficulty holding urine in the bladder)
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
There are many important reasons to choose our programs and services:
Personalized Care: You will receive a personal evaluation that helps create an individualized care plan to meet your needs and lead you toward your health goals.
Unique Services: The Orthopedic Rehabilitation Program offers innovative treatments based our profession’s best practices. You care plan may include some of our specialized equipment and resources. For example, our warm-water therapeutic pool enables strength and conditioning exercises, even if you can’t tolerate weight-bearing activity due to pain or motion restrictions. These aquatic programs are offered in group and individual sessions.
Accredited Programs: We are proud that our Inpatient Rehabilitation Programs at Dodd Hall and our Outpatient Medical Rehabilitation Programs are accredited by the Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities (CARF). CARF recognizes our programs as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures, which provide risk-reduction and accountability in our patient care. In addition, several of our therapists have attained Orthopedic Clinical Specialist (OCS) certification through The American Physical Therapy Association. This certification demonstrates advanced clinical knowledge and skills in the specialty of orthopedic physical therapy.
Nation’s Best: Ohio State’s rehabilitation program consistently ranks among the best in the nation. As an academic medical center, Ohio State offers comprehensive medical expertise, the most advanced technologies and treatment techniques, and innovative care backed by research knowledge.