We offer 15 postgraduate first-year positions annually. Application to The Ohio State University Department of Psychiatry and Behavioral Health is done through the Electronic Residency Application Service (ERAS); please contact your medical school for instructions about the process.
- A virtual gathering with current residents is conducted the evening before interview days.
- Virtual interviews occur on weekdays and consist of a morning or afternoon experience.
- The interview day includes individual meetings with the program director, another faculty member, and a resident, as well as group meetings with residents and faculty.
- We have several subspecialty training faculty in the areas of addiction medicine and child & adolescent, consultation-liaison, and forensic psychiatry whom you may have the opportunity to meet during the interview process.
We sponsor J-1 Visas, but not H-1 Visas.
In addition to the ERAS application, international residency applicants must provide proof of:
- International applicants must have passed USMLE Step II CS exam, J-1 visa eligibility, ECFMG certification and completed medical school within one year of applying to be considered.