- Bachelor of Science, Exercise Science, Minnesota State University-Mankato, 2008
- Doctor of Physical Therapy, University of South Dakota, 2011
- Sports Physical Therapy residency, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2012
- Upper Extremity Athlete fellowship, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2013
- Certified sports clinical specialist, 2013
- Certified strength and conditioning specialist, National Strength and Conditioning Association
Experience and Interests
After his residency, Mitch completed a fellowship in professional baseball including a season with the Cleveland Indians and their AAA team, the Columbus Clippers. He currently coordinates Ohio State's Upper Extremity Athlete fellowship program and is on faculty in the sports residency program.
Mitch is board certified as a sports specialist through the American Physical Therapy Association (APTA) and is also certified as a strength and conditioning specialist through the National Strength and Conditioning Association (NSCA). He has lectured locally and nationally on a variety of shoulder and elbow topics specific to the upper extremity athlete.