• Bachelor of Science, Exercise Physiology & Spanish for the Health Professions, Marquette University, 2015
• Doctorate, Physical Therapy, Marquette University
• Orthopaedic Physical Therapy Residency, The Ohio State University, 2017
• Performing Arts Physical Therapy Fellowship, The Ohio State University, 2018
• Board-certified Specialist in Orthopaedic Physical Therapy, 2018
Experience and Interests
Tessa grew up as a pre-professional dancer which was her initial spark for the physical therapy profession. Tessa continued dancing throughout high school and college but shifted her interests towards the treatment of the performing artist. Tessa continued to pursue her interest in the rehabilitation of the performing artist throughout her Orthopaedic Residency at Ohio State and continued as the Performing Arts Fellow following residency training. The fellowship allowed Tessa to gain experience in the treatment and management of all performing artists with a focus on dancers, both in the clinical and on-site settings. She has continued on as a Performing Arts Fellowship faculty member, providing didactic and mentoring for the current fellow-in-training. Her clinical interests include treatment and prevention of lower extremity injuries with a focus on the foot/ankle complex.