The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Comprehensive Transplant Center provides transplant-focused continuing education to any interested healthcare providers. Offerings include grand rounds and lunch-and-learns and cover topics such as thoracic and abdominal transplants, transplant issues and trends.
CTC Grand Rounds
CTC Grand Rounds are currently held on Tuesdays at 8 a.m. on the medical center campus. Presentations highlight thoracic and abdominal transplant topics, transplant issues and trends. Speakers from outside the Wexner Medical Center are also invited to present at CTC grand rounds.Goals of CTC grand rounds include:
- build collaboration between transplant team members and other hospital staff
- provide trending transplant-focused information in a timely manner
- serve as an additional pathway to provide updates in regulatory changes related to transplant
- Apr. 18, 8am - BRT 105: Rita Alloway, Guest Speaker - Generic Tarolimus: Good Medicine or Cheap Fix
- Apr. 25, 8am - BRT 105: 2017 ATC Presenters
- May 9, 8am - BRT 105: Interesting Cases / M&M
- May 16, 8am - BRT 105: Dr. Sylvester Black, Dr. Bryan Whitson - COPPER Lab
- May 23, 8am - James B040/030: TBD
Lunch & Learn
Lunch and Learn educational events are held the fourth Wednesday of the month at 1:00 p.m. to provide learning opportunities to non-physician CTC team members such as nurse coordinators, floor nursing staff, medical assistants, pharmacy workers, MAPs, social work staff and dietitians.
The topics presented include improving patient care, regulatory/administrative changes and transplant education. Suggestions from staff are used to determine topics. CEPTC education credits are provided when applicable. Topic suggestions may be submitted to Heidi Erb, Outreach Coordinator.
Attendance for Lunch & Learn events is not open to the public. Contact Heidi Erb for the latest events listings.