The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s Comprehensive Transplant Center provides transplant-focused continuing education to any interested healthcare providers. Offerings include grand rounds and lunch-and-learns and we cover topics such as thoracic and abdominal transplants, transplant issues and trends.
Comprehensive Transplant Center Grand Rounds
Comprehensive Transplant Center (CTC) Grand Rounds are currently held on Tuesdays at 8 a.m. on the medical center campus. Presentations highlight thoracic and abdominal transplant topics, transplant issues and trends. Speakers from outside The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center are also invited to present at CTC grand rounds.Goals of CTC grand rounds include:
- Build collaboration between transplant team members and other hospital staff
- Provide trending transplant-focused information in a timely manner
- Serve as an additional pathway to provide updates in regulatory changes related to transplant
No registration is required to attend. Presentation topics, speakers and room locations can be found on ccme.osu.edu. CME credit is provided for presentations. One week per month, a case review and discussion is provided by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center fellows (CME credit is not provided for case reviews).
Upcoming CTC Grand Rounds:
(held at 8 a.m. in BRT105, unless noted)
- 02/06/2018: State and Future of Total Pancreatectomy and Islet Autotransplantation at Ohio State | Luis Lara, MD and Amer Rajab, MD, PhD
- 02/13/2018: Starving for Attention: Realizing the Effect of Malnutrition on Transplant Outcomes | Guest Speaker: Jeanette Hasse, PhD, RD - Simmons Transplant Institute/Baylor University Medical Center
- 02/20/2018: Report from the AST Adherence Task Force: Real World Option for Promoting Adherence | Kristin Kuntz, PhD
- 02/27/2018: Interesting Case/M&M - Thoracic Case (Heart)
- 03/06/2018: TBA
- 03/13/2018: TBA
- 03/20/2018: Donor to Recipient Sizing in Thoracic Organ Transplantation | Guest Speaker: Michael Eberlein, MD, PhD
- 03/27/2018: Interesting Case/M&M - Abdominal Case (Kidney)
- 04/03/2018: TBA | Guest Speaker: Lifeline of Ohio
- 04/10/2018: (James B050) TBA | Guest Speaker: Dr. David Klassen, CMO - UNOS
- 04/17/2018: TBA
- 04/24/2018: Interesting Case/M&M - Abdominal Case (Liver)
- 05/01/2018: Quality - Title TBA | Iahn Gosenhauser, MD
Lunch and Learn
Lunch and Learn educational events are held the fourth Wednesday of the month (January thru October) at 1 p.m. to provide learning opportunities to non-physician CTC team members such as nurse coordinators, floor nursing staff, medical assistants, pharmacy workers, MAPs, social work staff and dietitians.
The topics presented include improving patient care, regulatory and administrative changes and transplant education. Suggestions from staff are used to determine topics. CEPTC education credits are provided when applicable. Topic suggestions may be submitted to Heidi Erb, Outreach Coordinator.
Attendance for Lunch and Learn events is not open to the public. Contact Heidi Erb for the latest events listings.