Stop the struggle.
When trying to lose weight, it needs to be less about the numbers and more about healthy habits and positive progress.
Focus first on changing your lifestyle and the weight loss will follow. Key is having the right exercise and dietary guidelines, which is where the Exercise Enhanced Weight Loss Program at the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center comes in.
Our medical knowledge. Your success.
Successful weight loss should be based on science, not fad diets or random exercise plans. Partnering with the experts at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center will give you the information, motivation and support you need to lose weight, find more energy and claim better long-term health.
- EIM is based on the fact that exercise is more than an activity — it’s an essential element of improved health and disease prevention, meeting individuals where they are.
- Ohio State’s Comprehensive Weight Management program uses proven health and wellness plans to help patients lose more than the National Institutes of Health’s expected weight loss averages.
The Exercise Enhanced Weight Loss program joins the approaches used by both these programs to offer an exercise and healthy eating plan tailored to your specific goals and starting point — all coordinated by a team that’s here to encourage your positive progress.
During the 12-week Exercise Enhanced Weight Loss program, you’ll receive:
- Three in-person, one-on-one sessions with an exercise physiologist
- A personalized exercise plan
- Sixteen in-person group exercise classes, two per week, at one of our seven locations
- An online weekly group meeting to provide support and discuss strategies for weight loss
- A food journal to track your weekly diet and review with a registered dietitian
Registration and cost
- Participation in the Exercise Enhanced Weight Loss program requires a physician referral.
- If your doctor is part of the Ohio State Health System, they can submit the referral via the Integrated Healthcare Information System (IHIS), or you can request the referral through MyChart.
- If you don’t have a regular doctor, visit our Find a Doctor page.
- If your doctor is not in the Ohio State Health System, a referral form can be found here.
- Insurance will not cover the cost. Your out-of-pocket will be $300 total.
- If you have questions or need help getting a referral, contact the program manager, Allan Sommer at firstname.lastname@example.org or 614-685-8686.