Central Ohio’s only adult burn center
The Ohio State Comprehensive Burn Center is the only adult burn center in central Ohio. Our team of specialists treats a variety of burns, ranging from minor to severe. We provide inpatient and outpatient care for burn wounds, complex burn management and serious skin conditions. More than 700 patients receive care at the OSU Burn Center each year.
We offer inpatient and outpatient services including:
- Advanced dressing options to minimize pain, scarring and other complications
- Wound care and complex wound management
- Comprehensive care team to address the needs of patients and their families including the physical, mental, emotional and social aspects of burns extending beyond the walls of the hospital
- Treatment for all burns, small to large with special emphasis on
- Third-degree burns
- Burns to the face, hands, feet, genitalia, perineum and joints
- Electrical burns and lightening strikes
- Chemical burns
- Burns in patients with comorbid conditions
Burn Center rehabilitation is provided at Dodd Hall Inpatient Rehabilitation, which has been ranked among the best in the country for 19 years in a row by U.S.News & World Report.
Also part of the Medical Center’s Level 1 Trauma Center, our burn center offers physical and occupational therapy, speech language therapy, social work, psychological, spiritual and nutritional services.
To contact the Ohio State Burn Center, please call 614-293-2876 (BURN).