Offering treatments to help you deal with disabling diseases or disorders
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we offer innovative rehabilitation services to help patients with disabling diseases and disorders achieve their highest level of health and function — at home, at work and in the community. Our goal with every patient is to minimize pain, maximize independence and enhance quality of life.
We focus on restoring the health and function for people with a wide range of neurologic and orthopedic conditions, such as:
- Brain injuries
- Parkinson's Disease and other movement disorders
- Spinal cord injuries
Why choose The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center?
- We are proud to be accredited by CARF (Commission on Accreditation of Rehabilitation Facilities). Our programs are recognized by CARF as meeting the highest standards in quality, safety and outcome measures
- The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center's rehabilitation program has consistently ranked among the best in the nation
- We are the only rehabilitation program in central Ohio certified for both traumatic brain injury and stroke
- We are one of seven centers in the country that are part of the NeuroRecovery Network, which uses activity-based therapies for spinal cord injury rehabilitation
- We are the only rehabilitation program in central Ohio with spinal cord injury expertise
- Our outpatient Specialty Amputee Program is one of only two CARF-accredited outpatient amputee programs in the country
Our team of rehabilitation specialists, along with healthcare professionals from different areas of expertise, work together to create a treatment plan that is personalized for you. This team may include physical medicine physicians, surgeons, physical therapists, occupational therapists, speech-language pathologists, orthopedists and other rehabilitation experts.
Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center is a nationally ranked and accredited facility that provides inpatient and outpatient rehabilitative care. We provide coordinated care throughout every phase of your rehabilitation to ensure all of your healthcare needs are addressed over time. Whether you are a patient in our hospital, have been admitted to Dodd Hall, our inpatient rehabilitation services facility or if you begin rehabilitation in any of our four outpatient facilities, our team is with you every step of the way.