Assistant Professor of Clinical Family Medicine
Outpatient Care Lewis Center
6515 Pullman Drive
Lewis Center, Ohio 43035
Dr. Oza has been practicing Family Medicine since 2005. She is a graduate of the University of Bombay, Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College and completed her residency at The Ohio State University Family Medicine residency program. She practices in the ambulatory care setting at Outpatient Care Lewis Center and also provides newborn care at OSU's main hospital and Inpatient care at OSU East hospital with the family medicine residents.
As a faculty member of The Ohio State University Department of Family Medicine, I have the opportunity to be able to teach and provide patient care. I enjoy teaching medical students and residents and mentoring them through their learning years. My special interests include cardiovascular medicine, women's health and chronic disease management. However, as a family physician I enjoy the full spectrum of family medicine caring for newborns to geriatric patients. I feel privileged to care for patients and their families. My goal is to empower patients with knowledge to help them get involved in their own care and create a trusting and meaningful patient-physician relationship.
Education and Training
- MD: Dr. D. Y. Patil Medical College, Bombay, India, 1992-1998
- Postgraduate Education/Training: Master's in Public Health, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 1999-2001
- Residency: Family Medicine Residency, The Ohio State University, Columbus, Ohio, 2002-2005
- Oza RS, Rundell K, Garcellano M. Recurrent ischemic stroke: Strategies for prevention. Am Fam Physician. 2017 Oct 1:96(7):436-440.
- Oza RS, Garcellano M. Non-pharmacologic management of hypertension: What works? Am Fam Physician. 2015 Jun 1;91(11):772-776.
- Macerollo AA, Mack DO, Oza RS, Bennet IM, Wallace LS. Academic family physicians' conference and comfort with opioid analgesic prescribing for patients with chronic non malignant pain. J Opioid Manag. 2014 Jul-Aug;10(4):255-261. doi 10.5055/jom.2014.0213.
- McConaghy JR, Oza RS. Outpatient diagnosis of acute chest pain in adults. Am Fam Physician. 2013 Feb 1;87(3):177-182.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction in 2014, 2015, 2017.
- Best Doctor in America 2017.
- Outstanding Preceptor Award, Urban Family Medicine Residency, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, June 2015.
- Urban Family Physician Teacher of the Year, Urban Family Medicine Residency, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, June 2014.
- Family Physician Teacher of the Year, Urban Family Medicine Residency, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, June 2011.
- Pfizer Teacher Development Award, American Academy of Family Physicians Foundation, Kansas, January 2008.
- Preceptor All-Star Award, College of Medicine, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, January 2007.
- Research & Scholarship Award, Family Medicine Residency, The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, June 2005.
- Society of Teachers in Family Medicine Residency, The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, June 2005.
- Intern of the Year, Family Medicine Residency, The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, June 2005.
- American Academy of Family Practice, 2005-present
- Association of Family Medicine Residency Directors, 2011-2013