Rupal Oza, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
About MeAs a family medicine physician, my focus is to help my patients reach their health goals and maintain their wellbeing. I provide preventive medicine and treat patients with chronic conditions such as anxiety, asthma and diabetes. I also specialize in family planning, contraceptives and women's health. I believe that developing strong patient-physician relationships and empowering patients with knowledge about their condition leads to the best outcomes. I encourage patients to engage with me during visits and get involved in their own care.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center because of my dual role of providing clinical care to patients and educating the next generation of physicians. I love the opportunity to mentor medical students and residents, and enjoy working with them through their early learning years.
In my free time, I enjoy spending time with my husband and kids, cooking, traveling, reading and listening to music.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2017
- Best Doctor in America 2017
- Clinical interests include cardiovascular medicine, women's health and chronic disease management
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Women's Health
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2002 - 9/30/2005
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
254 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
65 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Oza has reported no relationships with companies or entities.