As a self-operated food and nutrition department, we offer:
- Personal nutrition counseling to help with diabetes, weight loss, weight management, obesity, kidney disease, kidney stones and other health conditions.
- Group classes, including programs for weight loss, weight management, obesity, diabetes, integrative nutrition and more.
- Diabetes Prevention Program (DPP), which shares the latest information on prevention, treatment and new technologies related to diabetes.
Get back on track!
As spring (finally) arrives, there are plenty of chances to ditch the treadmill and get outside for your workouts. Whether you are training for a 5k, half marathon or just out to become a better you – what you eat plays a huge role in your exercise routine. 4 things to remember:
- Carbohydrates are key – especially if training for an endurance event, remember carbs are our body’s main fuel source. As your mileage increases, also increase your carbs intake.
- Drink Up! – Consume fluids throughout the entire day. Weigh yourself before and after the run. Any weight loss during that run is fluid loss. Consume at least 16 oz of fluids per pound loss to adequately rehydrate.
- Fueling during run – Running for more than hour? If so, you should consider a sports drink or gel during your run. Going without will likely result in you ‘hitting the wall.’
- Recovery meal – After a long run, be sure to have a good recovery meal with a 4:1 ratio of carbohydrates to protein.
If you want a personalized training diet or have more questions about properly fueling for performance, feel free to set up an appointment with one of our sports dietitians at The Ohio State University’s Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute.
Campus Dining Options
There are many great spots to snag a bite to eat throughout The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center campus. Nutrition Services staff are committed to providing high-quality care. Throughout your stay, our staff will communicate with you about your concerns and offer food suggestions based on your needs.
View menus View dining locations