The first step in the bariatric surgery process is attending a mandatory information session.
If you are facing challenges with weight or have been unsuccessful with more traditional weight-loss methods, choosing to explore bariatric surgery is not "giving up" or "taking the easy way out." Bariatric surgery takes just as much commitment to be successful, but it may be the best option for you.
Before we determine if you are a good candidate for bariatric surgery, it's important that you understand the surgical process, as well as the risks and the personal responsibilities that come before and after surgery. To learn more about these components, we invite you to join us for a free information session.
During our free information sessions you will:
- Learn about the benefits of choosing Ohio State for your weight-loss surgery
- Meet members of our clinical support team
- Learn about surgery options and have the opportunity to ask questions
- Hear from and about successful bariatric surgery patients
- Receive an application packet for weight-loss surgery
Our in-person sessions are held monthly at Martha Morehouse Medical Pavilion auditorium, 2050 Kenny Road, Columbus, OH 43221. Parking is free.
Find a session