Bradley Needleman, MD
- General Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 366-6675
About MeMy expertise is in metabolic and bariatric surgery, as well as other advanced minimally invasive operations. I am very passionate about the benefits bariatric surgery can provide to patients who have struggled with weight and other medical problems. Our program is geared toward providing the right operation for the right patient with life-long care to optimize results.
I believe patients deserve a surgeon who listens to them. It's important to hear their concerns. This feedback is an important part of determining a care plan, including an operation that fits their expectations. My desire is to offer patients the least "invasive" operation that meets their needs.
The best part of working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is the people. There is a noticeable commitment to offering the highest quality of care. I love being surrounded by really smart individuals who are passionate about what they do.
In my free time I enjoy reading, relaxing with my family and spending time outdoors. I am an avid tennis player and also enjoy shooting trap and sporting clays.
- Director, Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Medical director, Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery and Comprehensive Weight Management Program
- Founding president, Ohio Society for Bariatric Surgery
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2015–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gastric Bypass
- Obesity, Morbid
- Digestive System Diseases
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Digestive System Surgical Procedures
- Hernia, Hiatal
- Hernia, Ventral
- General Surgery
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Mount Sinai Medical Center
7/1/1994 - 6/30/1999
More About My Work
American Board of Surgery
General and Gastrointestinal Surgery
News About Me
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Needleman has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office.
- Covidien PLC