Vendor Communication Updates
All vendors coming into an Ohio State Wexner Medical Center facility are required to check in at the Vendormate kiosk location to receive a daily temporary ID badge, regardless of if they’ve been granted a permeant badge or not. Please reference the vendor kiosk locations below for guidance.
All vendors must be Vendormate credentialed to enter any Ohio State facility. Vendors who aren’t registered or are seen without a temporary badge will be asked to leave the premises. Vendors must also have an established meeting or demonstration with Wexner Medical Center staff and be logged in Vendormate before entering. Vendors aren’t permitted entry without a previously established appointment. This allows our staff time to plan and prepare for meetings rather than potentially interrupting patient care for an ad hoc meeting.
Sterile Field: Vendors aren’t permitted to open or place ANY products or equipment on the sterile operating room (OR) field. Vendors are permitted to visually or audibly verify an item with a surgeon.
Locker Locations: Please use designated vendor locker locations for personal items (bookbags, briefcases, jackets, etc.). Personal items aren’t permitted in specialty areas (operating rooms, EP, endoscopy, etc.). The Wexner Medical Center isn’t responsible for any lost or stolen items.
Product Storage for Procedures
- Please don’t leave sterile products unattended in the OR.
- Sterile products or instrument trays can’t be stored alongside incoming product containers or on carts without shelf protectors.
- Don’t store trunk stock products in the ORs.
- Ohio State prohibits corrugated boxes in the ORs. Please remove products from corrugated boxes before coming up to the OR or nursing floors.
- Don’t leave storage bins in the hallway. If needed, please ask an Ohio State staff member where totes can be stored. Please make sure totes are closed to protect contents.
- Rhodes Hall: 1st Floor – Main Lobby, 4th Floor – Operating Room
- Ross Heart Hospital: 1st Floor – Main Lobby, 2nd Floor – Cath/EP Lab, 4th Floor – Operating Room Entrance
- James Cancer Hospital and Solove Research Institute: 1st Floor – Main Lobby, 4th Floor – Operating Room Entrance
- East Hospital: 4th Floor – Operating Room Entrance
- Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute: 1st Floor Surgery Center
- Ear and Eye Institute: Main lobby near the BistrOH!
- Outpatient Care New Albany: Main entrance
- Outpatient Care Dublin: Main entrance
The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center uses a product submission platform called ValuVu, made by ECRI Institute. All new product submissions are completed by a Wexner Medical Center employee. All products brought or shipped to the medical center must be reviewed and approved by our Value Analysis group. This allows our organization the proper tracking and review for recall purposes.
Vendors can present samples to department managers, but samples are not to be used for patient care. Vendors aren’t permitted to bring non-approved products onto campus for clinical use. Products brought without proper approval will not be paid for by the Wexner Medical Center, and will be discarded.
Construction Update: The James Outpatient Care
The James Outpatient Care is located south of the Kenny and Carmack roads intersection. The $349.5 million project will include outpatient operating rooms, interventional radiology rooms, an extended recovery unit, a pre-anesthesia center, a diagnostic imaging center, a retail pharmacy, a hematology clinic, a laboratory, a genitourinary clinic, an infusion area, a clinical trials unit and medical office and support spaces. The approximately 385,000-square-foot cancer-focused facility will include central Ohio’s first proton therapy, in partnership with Nationwide Children’s Hospital.
Location: 2121 Kenny Road, Columbus, OH 43215
Patient Care Begins: June 5, 2023
Medical Equipment Installations: Begin November ’22 through April ’23
Medical Equipment Coordinator: Shaun Allen