Sabrena Noria, MD
- General Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
About MeAs a specialist in minimally invasive surgery, my expertise includes many techniques and technologies. This includes helping patients manage significant health and weight loss challenges through bariatric surgery.
I consider being a bariatric surgeon more than being just a surgeon. It involves getting to know my patients and helping them to understand their disease. I take time to explain therapeutic options in a way that makes sense to them. I encourage patients to take an active role in improving their health, while reassuring them along the way. They appreciate knowing that I will be there to help them through their journey.
In addition to minimally invasive and bariatric surgery, my areas of expertise include hernia and endoscopy procedures.
At Ohio State, we offer patients the best of both worlds. We have the comprehensive resources of a large institution, yet patients receive individualized care from a multitude of different specialists working as a team. This is an important aspect of helping me provide the best care for my patients.
When I'm not at work, I enjoy traveling, cooking and running.
- Society of American Gastrointestinal and Endoscopic Surgeons (SAGES), Resident Education and Advanced Technology Committees
- Member, Royal College of Physicians and Surgeons of Canada
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2015, 2016, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Bariatric Surgery
- Gastric Bypass
- Obesity, Abdominal
- Obesity, Morbid
- Acalculous Cholecystitis
- Anastomosis, Roux-en-Y
- Anastomosis, Surgical
- Cholecystectomy, Laparoscopic
- Digestive System Diseases
- General Surgery
- Hernia, Abdominal
- Hernia, Inguinal
- Hernia, Ventral
- Hernia, Hiatal
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Toronto
St. Michael's Hospital
7/1/2006 - 6/30/2010
Minimally Invasive Surgery
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2010 - 6/30/2011
More About My Work
American Board of Surgery
General and Gastrointestinal Surgery
News About Me
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Noria has reported no relationships with companies or entities.