Vimal Narula, MD
- General Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-3230
About MeAs a general and gastrointestinal surgeon, my focus is on minimally invasive surgery and surgical endoscopy. I perform a variety of procedures and enjoy meeting patients and participating in their treatment.
I encourage my patients to be aware of and remain active participants in their own care. This simple but important step can greatly improve their outcome, health and lifestyle.
In addition to clinical work, I am interested in many areas of research. This helps me to learn better ways to address the concerns of my patients. My research interests include minimally invasive surgery, surgical endoscopy, hernia and biliary disease.
I am part of a world-class professional team dedicated to excellent health care. The outstanding faculty and staff I work with each day are among the many things I enjoy about working at Ohio State.
After hours, I love to travel, read and attend Ohio State football games.
- Associate Director – Clinical Affairs, Center for Minimally Invasive Surgery
- Co-Director, Advanced Therapeutic Endoscopy & Gastrointestinal Surgery Fellowship
- Fellow, American College of Surgeons
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Hernia, Ventral
- Hernia, Inguinal
- Hernia, Hiatal
- Hernia, Diaphragmatic
- Hernia, Umbilical
- Cholangiopancreatography, Endoscopic Retrograde
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Esophageal Achalasia
- Bile Duct Cancers
- Biliary Tract Surgical Procedures
- Common Bile Duct Diseases
- Digestive System Diseases
- Endoscopy, Gastrointestinal
- Gallbladder Cancers
- Pancreatic Cancers
- Pyloric Stenosis
- General Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
Locations Where I Practice
Martha Morehouse Outpatient Care
Outpatient Care Upper Arlington
Education and Training
Marshall University School of Medicine
7/1/2000 - 6/30/2005
More About My Work
American Board of Surgery
General and Gastrointestinal Surgery
210 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.7
- Listens Carefully 4.7
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.3
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.7
39 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Narula has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-8000.
- W. L. Gore & Associates, Inc.