The first step in the bariatric surgery process is viewing the mandatory online information session.
If you are facing challenges with weight or have been unsuccessful with more traditional weight-loss methods, choosing to explore bariatric surgery is not "giving up" or "taking the easy way out." Bariatric surgery takes just as much commitment to be successful, but it may be the best option for you.
Before we determine if you are a good candidate for bariatric surgery, it's important that you understand the surgical process, as well as the risks and the personal responsibilities that come before and after surgery. To learn more about these components, we invite you to view our online information session.
During our free information session you will learn:
- Why Ohio State is the best choice for your surgical weight loss team
- Who is a candidate for bariatric surgery?
- The benefits of bariatric surgery, including the role it can play in reducing other chronic issues, like diabetes and hypertension
- What to expect before and after surgery
- Your road map to the bariatric surgery procedure