About the the Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology's Annual Meeting
The Annual Association for Research in Vision and Ophthalmology (ARVO) meeting is considered to be the largest gathering of eye and vision researchers in the world with over 11,000 attendees from 75 countries. Each year, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Science sends multiple researchers and physicians to this event to present their newest research innovations.
Alumni Support ARVO Grand Rounds
Over the years, Fred Kapetansky, MD and Marilyn Huheey, MD have been a conduit for relaying the latest medical advances presented at the Association for Research and Vision in Ophthalmology (ARVO) Annual Meeting. Together, they coordinate a yearly Grand Rounds where the latest information is relayed to physicians, medical students, and faculty members.
This year, 10 faculty members from the Department of Ophthalmology & Visual Science are presenting at ARVO.
- Mohamed Abdel-Rahman, MD, PhD (with graduate research assistant Sabrina Bulas)
- Colleen Cebulla, MD, PhD
- Raymond Gao, PhD
- Frederick Kapetansky, MD
- Jack Li, MD (Resident)
- Jun Liu, PhD (with post-doctoral research assistant Yanhui Mah, PhD, and graduate research assistants Keyton Clayson and Sunny Kwok)
- Matthew Ohr, MD
- Cynthia Roberts, PhD (with graduate research assistants Monica Okon and Audrey Nguyen)
- Jessica Scott, MD (Resident)
- Katelyn Swindle Reilly, PhD (with graduate research assistants Andrew Soltisz and Pengfei Jiang)
ARVO Annual Meeting 2019
ARVO 2019 Annual Meeting in Vancouver, BC where international basic and clinical researchers will share the latest breakthroughs in vision research.
Dates: April 28 - May 2, 2019