Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada should hold a valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
Applicants must be eligible for either a training certificate or a permanent medical license as granted by the state medical board of Ohio.
- Completion of the application (PDF)
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited anesthesiology residency
- Three letters of recommendation from physicians who are acquainted with your work or capabilities (prefer at least one from residency director)
- Current CV with a recent photo
- USMLE or COMLEX test scores
- A personal statement
- A personal interview in Columbus, Ohio
Interviews will be conducted on The Ohio State University campus during February and March. All applicants selected for an interview will be notified via e-mail as soon as possible. We are happy to pay for one night lodging and will make your overnight reservations at either The Blackwell
or Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus - Downtown
, depending upon availability. Please be sure to inform us if you will require hotel reservations and if you have any special needs.
Foreign medical graduates
Foreign medical graduates need to have completed an ACGME accredited residency in anesthesiology in order to be considered.
For any additional questions, contact: Taylor Stein at Taylor.Stein@osumc.edu