Graduates of medical schools outside the United States and Canada should hold a valid certificate from the Educational Commission for Foreign Medical Graduates (ECFMG).
Applicants must be eligible for either a training certificate or a permanent medical license as granted by the state medical board of Ohio.
- Completion of the application (PDF)
- Completion of an ACGME-accredited anesthesiology residency
- Three letters of recommendation from physicians who are acquainted with your work or capabilities (prefer at least one from residency director)
- Current CV with a recent photo
- USMLE or COMLEX test scores
- A personal statement
- A personal interview in Columbus, Ohio
Interviews will be conducted on The Ohio State University campus during February and March. All applicants selected for an interview will be notified via e-mail as soon as possible. We are happy to pay for one night lodging and will make your overnight reservations at either The Blackwell
or Hampton Inn and Suites Columbus - Downtown
, depending upon availability. Please be sure to inform us if you will require hotel reservations and if you have any special needs.
Foreign medical graduates
For any additional questions, contact: Taylor Stein at Taylor.Stein@osumc.edu