- 60 PCNL, 120 Ureteroscopies
- The fellow must participate in basic science/translational research for a minimum of 12 months or receive an advanced degree. the 12 month research time can be non-consecutive but a 6 month minimal block is encouraged.
- Fellows are required to have 1 published article in the Journal of Endourology, from work they performed during the fellowship with the fellow as the first author, to receive certification.
- The fellow must also submit a paper tothe nnual essay contest of the Endourological Society during the last year of training before successful certification can be awarded. This paper must be either a translational or basic science investigation or an original clinical study (reviews are not acceptable). Review of this paper by a panel of 9 judges will assess quality. the review committee is divided into Basic/Translational Science and Clinical Research categories. If the majority of the judges believe that the essay is thought to be of insuffient quality to be submitted for publication, the fellowship committee will review the manuscript to determine if it is advisable for certification. If not, the fellow will be given 4 weeks to submit a revised manuscript to the fellowship committee for review. If the committee determines that the revised manuscript is again deficient, the fellow will not receive a certification. The program will be given a warning if the majority of judges determine that the initial essay is not suitable to be submitted for publication. If this again occurs the following year, the program will be placed on probation and if it happens a third year in a row, the program will lose its accreditation for at least 3 years.
- Graduating fellows must submit an academic protfolio of works produced during their 2 years of training including manuscripts, chapters, videos, lectures, poster presentations and abstracts (to national and international meetings) to the Society Office.
- The program director(s) must submit a letter of endorsement regarding the fellow's progress and successful completion of their training program.
- A certificate of completed fellowship training will only be granted to those who have completed the aforementioned requirements.