Bodo Knudsen, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-8155
About MeI’m a urologist, with a major focus on the management of kidney stones. At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we perform more than 500 surgeries a year related to kidney stones.
Research at the Comprehensive Kidney Stone Program ties directly to our clinical program. I explore new treatments for kidney stones including medications and surgical techniques. I also study the use of lasers in the treatment of stones.
My goal is to personalize the health care delivered to each patient. I work with my patients to develop individualized treatment plans. Effective treatment of stones can provide relief of an acutely painful episode and also reduce future stone recurrences. Such treatment can significantly improve a patient’s quality of life.
My wife, Dr. Eunice Oppenheim-Knudsen, is a family practice physician who works at Ohio State’s Wexner Medical Center’s Upper Arlington Clinic. We both enjoy living in the Columbus area and working at a top tier medical center. We strive to maximize the quality of life for our patients.
- Director, Comprehensive Kidney Stone Program
- Fellowship trained in endourology and kidney stone disease; recognized world expert in minimally invasive kidney stone surgery
- President of the Ohio Urological Society, 2014-2015
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2016, 2017
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2016–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
Additional Languages I Speak
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Kidney Calculi
- Ureteral Calculi
- Urinary Bladder Calculi
- Urinary Calculi
- Lithotripsy, Laser
- Prostatic Hyperplasia
- Nephrostomy, Percutaneous
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Manitoba
Health Sciences Center
7/1/1997 - 6/13/2002
St. Joseph's Hospital
7/1/2002 - 10/13/2004
More About My Work
American Board of Urology
333 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.7
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
65 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Knudsen has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office.
- Boston Scientific
- C. R. Bard