The Department of Family Medicine at The Ohio State University College of Medicine is searching for a senior tenure track faculty member with outstanding leadership and administrative skills, creativity, and resourcefulness to serve as the vice chair for research. The vice chair will report directly to the chair of Family Medicine and will be responsible for scholarly and research programs in the department by working with faculty, fellows, residents, advanced practice providers and students.
Across primary care and in collaboration with others across the medical center, the vice chair is responsible for:
- Developing scholarly and research programs to increase the national reputation of the department
- Engaging and inspiring clinicians through mentorship and coaching
- Expanding the department’s investigative research and extramural funding portfolios
- Overseeing the department’s research programs and resources
- Serving as a member of the department’s executive committee
Successful applicants will possess an MD/DO and/or PhD as well as the qualifications to be appointed as associate professor or professor on a tenure track. The successful candidate must have a demonstrated track record of conducting independent, investigative research, publishing in high-impact, peer-reviewed journals, writing competitive grants and in garnering extramural funding. Preference will be given to candidates possessing an active, portable portfolio of extramural funding with areas of focus in practice transformation, primary care clinical outcomes or addiction/opioid research.
For consideration, please send CV along with a cover letter to:
Mary Jo Welker, MD
Chair, Department of Family Medicine
Room 250A, 2231 North High Street
Columbus, OH 43201