One of the only established centers for critical care in the United States
If you are experiencing an emergency, please dial 911.
Patients with life-threatening illnesses and injuries benefit from The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center’s tradition of excellence in patient care, education, and research. Our multidisciplinary trauma team is ready 24 hours a day to provide care to the most severely injured patients from throughout the state.
Designated as a Level 1 trauma center by the American College of Surgeons, Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center is widely recognized as a regional resource to care for the most critically ill and injured patients.
Ohio State's Wexner Medical Center has held a Level I designation from the American College of Surgeons since 1987 and was one of the first hospitals to receive the designation after the verification program started.
Level 1 Trauma Care
All blunt, penetrating and burn trauma
Available specialists including:
- Trauma Surgeons and Critical Care In-hospital 24/7
- Radiology in-hospital 24/7
- Orthopedic Trauma Specialists
- Vascular and Cardiac Surgery—Level I Heart and Vascular Emergency Program
- Hand (including extremity replantation)
- Microsurgery / Flap Reconstruction
- Ophthalmology (wide range of Eye subspecialists)
- ENT/Plastic Surgery/Oral Surgery/Dentistry
- Urological Trauma
- Interventional Radiologists and Endovascular Therapies
- Hyperbaric oxygen therapy
- Advanced mechanical ventilation
- Extracorporeal Membranous Oxygenation (ECMO) / Perfusion
- Massive transfusion