To catalyze faculty at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center to engage in meaningful health services research (HSR) and implementation science.
In achieving this mission, CATALYST seeks to complement the mission of The Ohio State University College of Medicine “to improve people’s lives through innovation in research” by ensuring that the work of research faculty is impactful for the organization and the populations they serve. CATALYST is being created as a means of fostering a collaborative culture of research while providing the environment that supports success.
To develop the infrastructure necessary to ensure extramural funding, improve the quality of scholarship, develop faculty in the area of health services and implementation science research, and increase the educational capacity of the institution while serving to extend the research, education and clinical enterprises of The Ohio State University College of Medicine.
- Success through collaboration and sustained productivity
- Leadership with integrity and personal accountability
- Respect of diversity of people and ideas through openness and mutual trust
- Innovation through creativity
- Passion in what we do by engaging with each other through kindness and fun
Guided by its mission, CATALYST aims to:
- Provide a shared HSR infrastructure to provide expedited access to highly trained research support staff and data
- Promote a team science-based, collaborative environment in which faculty and postdoctoral researchers are highly mentored by successful HSR faculty to be highly productive (both in papers and grants)
- Enhance the quality and quantity of published research in HSR and implementation science
- Identify opportunities for extending the educational mission of the College of Medicine
- Improve the success rate of applications for funding through initial scoping, review and critical assessment so as to improve submitted proposals