BuckeyeBites: Make your own pizzetta
Check out this fun, easy and healthy mushroom radicchio pizzetta topped with mixed greens and champagne lemon vinaigrette. This is a perfect recipe to make for a group appetizer or personal pizza.
Chef Jim Warner, who is the director of Nutrition Services at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, takes you through the recipe in this easy to follow video.
Mushroom Radicchio Pizzetta topped with mixed Greens & Champagne Lemon Vinaigrette
Olive oil cooking spray
2 cloves garlic, minced
2 cups cremini mushrooms, thinly sliced
2 tsp rosemary sprigs, finely chopped, divided
2 tsp cornmeal
1 1-lb pkg store-bought whole-wheat pizza dough
1 tsp plus 1 tbsp olive oil, divided
2 medium plum tomatoes, diced
2 oz goat cheese, crumbled
3 tbsp lemon vinaigrette (see recipe below)
1/4 medium radicchio, thinly sliced and soaked in cold water for 30 minutes
2 cups baby arugula/mixed greens
Sea salt and pepper
- Preheat oven to 475°F.
- Coat a large sauté pan with cooking spray and set over medium-high. Add garlic and mushrooms and sauté for 4 to 6 minutes or until tender, light golden brown in color and no liquid remains in pan. Transfer garlic-mushroom mixture to a bowl, season with 1/2 tsp rosemary, salt and pepper and mix well. Set aside at room temperature.
- Line a large baking sheet with parchment paper and sprinkle with cornmeal.
- Roll out pizza dough into a rectangular shape, as thin as possible, about 12 x 16 inches in size. Transfer dough onto baking sheet and brush with 1 tsp oil. Top pizza with remaining rosemary, tomatoes and cheese and season with salt and pepper. Place pan into oven and bake for 8 to 10 minutes, until crust is golden brown and crisp. Remove from oven and slice crust in half lengthwise, then cut each half into 6 pieces.
- While pizzetta is baking, prepare dressing: In a small bowl, whisk remaining 1 tbsp oil into vinegar. Drain radicchio well and place into a large bowl. Add arugula/mixed greens and dressing to radicchio and toss well, seasoning with salt and pepper.
- Top each pizzetta slice with radicchio salad and garlic-mushroom mixture, dividing evenly. Serve immediately.
2 tablespoons champagne vinegar
2 teaspoons lemon juice
1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
1 shallot, finely chopped
1/2 cup olive oil
- In a small bowl, whisk vinegar, lemon juice, mustard and shallot.
- Gradually whisk in oil.