Understanding your medical bill
Whether it's a cable, phone or hospital bill - understanding the terms and fighting through the jargon can feel like a daunting task.
We reached out to Debra Lowe, Administrative Director of Finance at Ohio State Wexner Medical Center, to help define some of the most common terms and sections you find on an average hospital bill.
Get a better understanding of your hospital bill.
- Definitions of health insurance terms such as deductible, co-pay, co-insurance and out-of-pocket maximum
- How to calculate your amount owed for a procedure
- How the insurance allowed amount factors into your final bill
- Understanding the benefits of a family deductible versus individual deductible
- Beyond understanding the math of deductible versus co-pay, Lowe has a piece of advice for anyone about to have a test or procedure at any hospital:
Have questions about your hospital bill?
Call our billing customer service team: