Comprehensive care for neuromuscular disorders.
The Division of Neuromuscular Medicine at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is one of the largest centers for neuromuscular disorders in the United States.
Our nine board certified, fellowship-trained neuromuscular subspecialists see all major categories of neuromuscular disorders and welcome those with the rarest, most complicated and difficult-to-diagnose problems.
Our entire team of neuromuscular disorder experts and support personnel will develop a personalized care plan for you and support you and your entire family during your illness.
Why choose Ohio State for treatment for neuromuscular disorders?
- Board certified physicians who not only have specialized training in neuromuscular disorders such as muscular dystrophy, amyotrophic lateral sclerosis (ALS), peripheral neuropathy and myasthenia gravis, but who further subspecialize in even more rare and uncommon neuromuscular disorders
- Specialized physical, occupational, speech and respiratory therapies designed exclusively for people with neuromuscular disorders
- An Assistive Technology Center providing you with resources, equipment and electronic aids, such as wheelchairs and computer devices
- A clinical and research partnership with Nationwide Children’s Hospital in Columbus for neuromuscular disorders that begin in childhood
- Through our world-class neuromuscular disease research center, you have the opportunity to participate in groundbreaking research and clinical trials
John Kissel, MD, chair of the Department of Neurology, shares Ohio State's approach to patient care for Neuromuscular Disorders.