Our researchers are pioneering biomedical discoveries that improve the lives of patients in our community and around the world.
With more than 20 research centers and institutes and 25 core research laboratories, experts across departments, divisions and campuses of The Ohio State University collaborate and drive innovation.
Interested in joining our team?Current employees and students start your search here
What’s great about research careers at the Ohio State Wexner Medical Center?
The Ohio State Wexner Medical Center has rapidly grown into one of the largest research powerhouses in the nation. We have more health sciences colleges on a single campus than any other U.S. university, and our success in obtaining funding from the National Institutes of Health and other grants has advanced the development of our extensive laboratory and clinical infrastructure. The Wexner Medical Center is one of only 64 members of a National Institutes of Health consortium that speeds the translation of scientific discovery into better patient care.
- One of only 64 members of a National Institutes of Health consortium that speeds the translation of scientific discovery into better patient care.
- One of only 51 National Cancer Institute-designated comprehensive cancer centers in the United States; the NCI rated our center “exceptional” – the NCI’s highest ranking.
- More than 2,000 active research studies and clinical trials in virtually every medical specialty.
- Four faculty members currently elected to the National Academy of Medicine and two to the National Academy of Sciences.
- The 2019 Blue Ridge Institute for Medical Research Rankings, a compilation of NIH funding rankings for U.S. medical schools, placed two of our programs in the top 10 nationwide.
Dedicated research space
The academic health center has more than 20 research centers and institutes, along with 25 core research laboratories that promote collaboration among experts from virtually all departments, divisions and branch campuses of The Ohio State University. Dedicated research space allows members of our faculty to discover innovative, personalized treatments for the benefit of our patients and others around the world.
- We have research laboratories dedicated to experimental cancer therapeutics, heart and lung disease, neurobiology of disease, imaging, microbial pathogenesis, pharmacogenomics, bioinformatics, diabetes, structural biology and tissue engineering.
- Our core labs are for shared use in genomics, cytogenetics, proteomics, mass spectrometry, BSL-3/viral vector, flow cytometry, histology, tissue engineering, X-ray crystallography, cryogen storage, and light and electron microscopy.
Be a part of something biggerWe are proud to be part of one of America’s largest and most comprehensive universities. On the university’s main Columbus campus, more than 59,000 students are able to choose from 18 colleges and more than 200 undergraduate majors. Ohio State is consistently ranked as Ohio’s best and one of the nation’s top 20 public universities.
The university’s research innovations have attained world-class status, particularly in critical areas such as global climate change, cancer, infectious disease, neurosciences, advanced materials and ag-bio products that feed and fuel the world.
To build a diverse and inclusive workforce, all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability status or protected veteran status. The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer.