Adam Quick, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-4969
About MeAs a neurologist at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I specialize in ALS and other complex and uncommon neuromuscular diseases. Because many of my patients have not heard of their disorders until they are personally diagnosed, I really enjoy helping them navigate through the process of understanding, treating and coping with these conditions.
I enjoy teaching and educating others about neuromuscular diseases. Part of my job consists of teaching and training medical students, and it is one of the reasons why I chose to work at an academic medical center.
In addition to educating students, my goal is to educate my patients about their neurological conditions. I believe this allows them to be an active participant and partner in the management of their healthcare needs and helps them to make informed decisions about their care.
I love working in Ohio State’s collegial atmosphere and with the other doctors here. I also enjoy the challenge of helping patients with a difficult diagnosis or condition.
In my free time, I like to snowboard, run, relax with my family and enjoy the outdoors.
- Developed the neuromuscular ultrasound program
- Educator of the year in Neurology, 2013
- Neurology clerkship director
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Hereditary Sensory and Autonomic Neuropathies
- Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Polyradiculoneuropathy, Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating
- Miller Fisher Syndrome
- Subacute Combined Degeneration
- Hereditary Sensory and Motor Neuropathy
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Neuromuscular Junction Diseases
- Muscular Dystrophies
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
- Stiff-Person Syndrome
- Ulnar Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Muscular Atrophy, Spinal
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Fabry Disease
- Guillain-Barre Syndrome
- Spinocerebellar Degenerations
- Dysautonomia, Familial
- Myotonia Congenita
- Bulbar Palsy, Progressive
- Trigeminal Nerve Injuries
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries
- Mitochondrial Myopathies
- Horner Syndrome
- Headache Disorders, Primary
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Neuromuscular Diseases
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Fletcher Allen Health Care
7/1/2003 - 6/30/2006
University of Vermont
7/1/2006 - 6/30/2007
More About My Work
American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Subspecialty: Neurology)
American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Subspecialty: Neuromuscular Medicine)
101 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.4 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.4
- Listens Carefully 4.4
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.2
- Knows My Medical History 4.2
- Shows Respect 4.6
- Time Spent Together 4.8
19 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Quick has reported no relationships with companies or entities.