Amalia Cochran, MD
- Trauma Surgery
- Surgical Critical Care
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2101
About MeAs a surgeon, my specialty is burns and critical care. My goal is to provide high quality compassionate interdisciplinary burn care that focuses on each individual patient and his or her family. I consider it a privilege to care for people during such an incredibly stressful and life-altering time in their lives. I enjoy the opportunity to watch them thrive as they become burn survivors.
My clinical research focuses on advancing the quality of care for burn patient. I am also interested in how to improve inclusion in academic surgery.
My favorite part about working at Ohio State is the team atmosphere. We can’t do anything in healthcare alone, and it’s great to have so many great colleagues across many disciplines.
In my free time I enjoy running, reading fiction, exploring the outdoors and rescuing animals.
- President, Association for Surgical Education, 2017 – 2018
- President, Association of Women Surgeons, 2015 – 2016
- Distinguished Alumni Award, Texas A&M College of Medicine, 2016
- Publication, description of effective mentoring in academic surgery, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Electric Injuries
- Burns, Chemical
- Smoke Inhalation Injury
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Stevens-Johnson Syndrome
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Texas A&M Health Science Center College of Medicine
University of Utah Health Science Center
7/1/1998 - 6/30/2004
Surgical Critical Care
Shriners Burn Institute-UTMB
7/1/2004 - 6/30/2005
More About My Work
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Surgery (Subspecialty: Surgical Critical Care)
Trauma, Critical Care and Burn
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Cochran has reported relationships with the companies or entities listed below. If you have questions about the relationships listed below, please ask the faculty member. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office.
- JAMA Surgery