Amro Stino, MD
Appointments: (614) 293-4969
About MeAs a neurologist I specialize in neuromuscular disorders, autonomic neurology, peripheral nerve disorders, autoimmune neurology and general neurology.
When providing patient care, I believe in the philosophy of the Mayo brothers in that, 'the interest of the patient is the only interest to be considered.' My training as a fellow at the Mayo clinic is something I carry with me at Ohio State every day. It reminds to focus on comforting patients and families, communicating well and doing all I can to make patients leave my office feeling better than when they came in. I strive to provide my patients with answers that are as accurate and evidence based as possible. My ultimate goal is to provide clinical excellence for each patient.
I love the collegiate academic environment here at Ohio State. The high work ethic and the camaraderie of all the researchers and physicians make this medical center a great place to work.
In my free time I enjoy traveling, reading, attending Ohio State football games and relaxing with my family.
- Board certified, American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine, Subspecialty: American Board of Electrodiagnostic Medicine
- Member, American Association of Neuromuscular and Electrodiagnostic Medicine (AANEM)
- Member, American Academy of Neurology (AAN)
- Research interests: autoimmune neuropathies, small fiber neuropathies, cranial neuropathies, pain control in neuropathies
- Presented the largest case review of hypoglossal neuropathies, World Congress of Neurology in Chile
Specialties and Conditions I Treat
- Neuromuscular Diseases
- Carpal Tunnel Syndrome
- Charcot-Marie-Tooth Disease
- Hereditary Sensory and Autonomic Neuropathies
- Nerve Compression Syndromes
- Lambert-Eaton Myasthenic Syndrome
- Polyradiculoneuropathy, Chronic Inflammatory Demyelinating
- Bulbo-Spinal Atrophy, X-Linked
- Amyloid Neuropathies
- Motor Neuron Disease
- Muscular Dystrophies, Limb-Girdle
- Muscular Dystrophy, Facioscapulohumeral
- Muscular Dystrophy, Oculopharyngeal
- Myositis, Inclusion Body
- Ulnar Neuropathies
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries
- Brachial Plexus Neuropathies
- Friedreich Ataxia
- Peripheral Nervous System Diseases
- Complex Regional Pain Syndromes
- Postural Orthostatic Tachycardia Syndrome
- Phrenic Nerve
- Cranial Nerve Diseases
- Myasthenia Gravis
- Peroneal Neuropathies
- Amyotrophic Lateral Sclerosis
- Muscular Dystrophies
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Wayne State University School of Medicine
Detroit Medical Center
7/1/2011 - 6/30/2014
7/1/2014 - 6/30/2015
More About My Work
American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Subspecialty: Clinical Neurophysiology)
American Board of Psychiatry & Neurology (Subspecialty: Neurology)
44 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.5
- Listens Carefully 4.7
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.4
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.7
- Time Spent Together 4.6
4 Patient Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/28/2017, Dr. Stino has reported no financial relationships with medical device, research and/or drug companies.