Benjamin Poulose, MD
- General Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
About MeAs a general surgeon, I specialize in abdominal core health, minimally invasive surgery and surgical endoscopy, as well as providing treatments for hernias and gallstones. I believe in taking a holistic approach to care. Treatment options can include surgery, or other ways to improve a patient’s quality of life without surgery. Each patient brings a unique set of needs and goals that I consider when developing an effective care plan. I strive to partner with my patients to address their health care needs while working with them to find new ways of improving care for everyone.
My favorite part about working at Ohio State is the opportunity to work with professionals who really demonstrate a willingness to deliver the best possible care to our patients.
In my free time I enjoy running and working out, playing the keyboard and guitar and spending as much time with my family as possible.
- Zollinger Professor of Surgery, 2018
- Chief, Division of General and Gastrointestinal Surgery, The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, 2018
- Co-founder and Director for Quality and Outcomes, the Americas Hernia Society Quality Collaborative, 2013–present
- President-elect, Americas Hernia Society
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Biliary Tract Surgical Procedures
- Endoscopy, Gastrointestinal
- Hernia, Inguinal
- Hernia, Ventral
- Bile Duct Cancers
- Hernia, Umbilical
- Biliary Dyskinesia
- Cholecystitis, Acute
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Cholangiopancreatography, Endoscopic Retrograde
- General Surgery
- Abdominal Wall
- Hernia, Abdominal
- Digestive System Surgical Procedures
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Vanderbilt University Medical Center
7/1/1999 - 6/30/2006
University Hospital CaseMedcial Center
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2008
More About My Work
American Board of Surgery
General and Gastrointestinal Surgery
News About Me
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Poulose has reported no relationships with companies or entities.