I am also interested in the future of general surgery. I have co-authored a book about the impending shortage of surgeons and steps we need to take to avoid limitations on access to surgical care.
What I enjoy most about working at Ohio State is the expertise that is available here. I relish and continue to practice general surgery in an academic setting. At Ohio State, we are dedicated to improving patients’ lives through innovation and high quality patient-centered care.
In my spare time, I like to spend time with my family, travel and enjoy the outdoors.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015
- Zollinger’s Atlas of Surgical Operations
- Former Chair, American Board of Surgery
- Past Secretary, American Surgical Association
- Chair Advisory Council for General Surgery, American College of Surgeons
Medical College of Wisconsin
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Ctr
7/1/1977 - 6/1/1983
Specialties and conditions I treat
- General Surgery
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- General Surgery
- Neuroendocrine Tumors
- Pancreatic Diseases
- Zollinger-Ellison Syndrome
- Adrenal Gland Cancers
- Biliary Tract Surgical Procedures
- Carcinoid Tumor
- Carcinoma, Islet Cell
- Carcinoma, Pancreatic Ductal
- Common Bile Duct Diseases
- Common Bile Duct Cancers
- Digestive System Diseases
- Duodenal Cancer
- Gallbladder Cancers
- Gastrointestinal Diseases
- Pancreatic Cancers
- Pancreatic Polypeptide-Secreting Cells
- Somatostatin-Secreting Cells
- Bile Duct Cancers
Locations where I practice
More about my work
American Board of Surgery
General and Gastrointestinal Surgery
News about me
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies, etc. because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/25/2016, Dr. Ellison has reported no financial relationships with medical device, research and/or drug companies, etc. If you have questions about how these relationships are monitored by The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, please contact our Compliance Office at 614-293-7802.