David Klemanski, PsyD
- Psychologist What's this? A psychologist is extensively trained to help people learn to cope more effectively with life issues and mental health illnesses. They are licensed to provide a number of service, including evaluations, therapy and other evidence-based treatments. A common type of treatment is talk therapy (sometimes called cognitive behavioral therapy), but there are many types of therapy styles.
Appointments: (614) 293-2700
About MeAs a clinical psychologist with expertise in diagnosing and treating anxiety and mood disorders, I also specialize in psychodiagnostic evaluations and psychological assessment of various conditions, including attention-deficit disorders and learning disabilities. I believe in working collaboratively with my patients to help them develop an authentic and meaningful life that coincides with their personal values. I am currently serving as the behavioral health lead provider and the director of behavioral medicine for The Ohio State University Family Medicine Residency program.
My primary research objective is to understand the nature of individual differences in emotion and how emotions are regulated in the context of anxiety and depression. I am also interested in mindfulness and the unique relationship it has with emotion regulation abilities in both anxiety and depression.
I enjoy working at an academic medical center like Ohio State where I’m able to participate in research and resident education in addition to providing clinical care.
I recently moved from New York City and enjoy volunteering in my new community. In my free time, I like traveling, sports, photography and spending time with family.
- Authored “Don’t let your anxiety run your life: Using the science of emotion regulation and mindfulness to overcome fear and worry,” 2016
- Guest and expert panelist on a Crisis of Mental Health Care and Access segment, MSNBC, 2013
- Consulted for Vice Media, NBC and local newspapers on how to manage anxiety using mindfulness and emotional regulation
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Family Practice
- Integrative Medicine
- Adolescent Medicine
- Public Health
- Mind-Body Therapies
- Back Injuries
- Holistic Health
- Medicine, Chinese Traditional
More About My Work
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Klemanski has reported no relationships with companies or entities.