Gbemiga Sofowora, MBCHB
- Cardiovascular Disease
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-7677
About MeAs a cardiologist, I provide preventative management and treatment for diseases affecting the heart, arteries and veins. My goal is to help my patients overcome their illness, and nothing makes me happier than helping them achieve a better quality of life and well-being. I ensure a friendly, respectful environment and a patient-centered care model founded on a strong patient-physician relationship.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center because it is home to the best cardiovascular disease division I have ever seen. There is great strength in the connection we share in providing quality health care, which really expresses itself through the supportiveness of my colleagues. I am also passionate about educating our fellows and ensuring a legacy of compassion.
When I’m not working I enjoy spending time with my family and friends.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2017
- Published in the New England Journal of Medicine, 2000
- The Charles F. Wooley Transmission of Excellence Award, 2011–2013
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Internal Medicine
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Nuclear Medicine
- Coronary Care Units
- Aortic Valve Insufficiency
- Aortic Valve Prolapse
- Aortic Valve Stenosis
- Mitral Valve Insufficiency
- Mitral Valve Prolapse
- Mitral Valve Stenosis
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Obafemi Awolowo University
Obafemi Awolowo University Teaching Hospital
10/1/1992 - 6/30/1996
The Reading Hospital and Medical Center
6/1/2004 - 6/30/2007
Hahnemann University Hospital
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2010
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Cardiovascular)
184 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 5
- Time Spent Together 4.9
43 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Sofowora has reported no relationships with companies or entities.