H Francis Farhadi, MD, PhD
- Neurological Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-8714
About MeMy expertise is in a highly specialized area of medicine — neurosurgery. As a fellowship trained spine surgeon, I specialize in minimally invasive techniques that help treat both simple and complex spinal conditions.
Most spinal and nerve ailments do not require surgery, but rather a multidisciplinary treatment approach. Symptoms related to the aging spine can be caused by a variety of issues. At Ohio State, we are able to provide patients with a tailored multidisciplinary approach. This focuses on the least invasive techniques aimed at returning them to their normal activities.
As a physician who specializes in complex spinal and peripheral nerve surgery, I understand each individual's unique circumstances and needs. I work closely with our team and with patients every step of the way to prevent and treat nervous system disorders. From diagnosis to follow-up care, I assess and recommend the optimal set of measures for every patient.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center. It's a privilege to associate with others who value and achieve excellence in health care. Working here allows me to provide cutting-edge treatment and care, while also participating in advancing standards of care through research. The academic nature of practicing at Ohio State allows us to faithfully track patient outcomes and contribute to the advancement of patient care.
In my free time I enjoy relaxing with my family, spending time outdoors, traveling and playing classical music.
- 2013 Lawrence J. Mervis, MD, Teacher of the Year Award, department of neurological surgery
- Participation in clinical trials evaluating outcomes and new therapies for varied spinal conditions
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2017
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Spinal Injuries
- Trauma, Nervous System
- Intervertebral Disc Degeneration
- Lumbar Vertebrae
- Intervertebral Disc Displacement
- Spinal Diseases
- Back Pain
- Spinal Cancers
- Peripheral Nerve Tumor
- Sprains and Strains
- Spinal Stenosis
- Spinal Cord Compression
- Minimally Invasive Surgical Procedures
- Peripheral Nerve Injuries
- Spinal Fractures
- Spinal Curvatures
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Toronto Western Hospital
7/1/2002 - 6/30/2006
7/1/2008 - 1/31/2009
Jackson Memorial Hospital
1/1/2009 - 6/30/2009
More About My Work
85 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.4 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.4
- Listens Carefully 4.4
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.4
- Knows My Medical History 4.3
- Shows Respect 4.6
- Time Spent Together 4.2
21 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Farhadi has reported no relationships with companies or entities.