Heather Hirsch, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2130
About MeAs an internist at Ohio State, I specialize in women’s health. I’m extremely passionate about taking care of women from young adulthood through the rest of their lives. In particular, I specialize in contraceptive counseling, menopause, peri-menopause, osteoporosis, hypo-active sexual desire disorder/low libido, medical management of urinary incontinence, abnormal bleeding, polycystic ovarian syndrome (PCOS), recurrent UTIs, painful intercourse, treatment of vaginal infections and follow-ups with breast cancer survivors.
I believe that every one of my patients has a unique patient profile and background. This allows me to truly create the very best individualized treatment plan that I tailor specifically to my patients’ health needs and goals.
My favorite part about working here at Ohio State is the excellent medical care that we are able to provide our patients, as well as the rich learning and teaching environment.
In my free time I enjoy spending time outdoors and relaxing with my family. I also enjoy exercising and ran the Boston Marathon in 2009. I hope to go back to compete again someday!
- NAMS (National American Menopause Society) Certified Practitioner, October 2015
- North American Menopause Society Fellows In-Training Reporter Scholarship, September 2015
- Society of General Internal Medicine Oral presentation - "Improving IUD counseling among Internal Medicine Residents," Cleveland Ohio, August 2015
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Hot Flashes
- Internal Medicine
- Preventive Medicine
- Estrogen Replacement Therapy
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Total Vein Care
Education and Training
University Hospitals Case Medical Center
9/1/2011 - 6/30/2014
Cleveland Clinic Foundation
7/1/2014 - 6/30/2016
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
328 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.5
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
79 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Hirsch has reported no relationships with companies or entities.