Kelly Tyler, MD
- Obstetrics & Gynecology
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-1707
About MeI am a dermatologist at Ohio State and I’m board certified in both dermatology and gynecology. I specialize in treating dermatologic disease in pregnancy, vulvar diseases and dermatologic surgery. I decided to pursue dermatology because I found in my general OB/GYN practice that many women were undertreated for skin disease in pregnancy. I also realized that women were inadequately treated for disabling vulvar diseases that had a negative impact on their lives.
In regard to patient care, I believe in developing collaborative relationships with patients where we work together as a team to create a treatment plan.
Working at Ohio State means I have the opportunity to collaborate with physicians in other specialties who have unique clinical and research interests. I also love teaching future physicians and dermatologists.
When I’m not working, I enjoy spending time with my husband, son and dog. I also enjoy personal training, traveling, volunteering at my son’s school library, playing the violin and playing the piano.
- Invited lecturer at the national American Academy of Dermatology meeting, 2016, 2017, 2018
- Member, American Academy of Dermatology Retinoid Task Force Committee
- Member, Alpha Omega Alpha Medical Honor Society
- Recipient, National DermMentors Resident of Distinction Award, 2016
- My research interests include dermatologic therapy in pregnancy, the role of hormones in skin disease and developing new treatments for inflammatory vulvar diseases
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Skin Care
Locations Where I Practice
Center for Women's Health
Education and Training
Obstetrics / Gynecology
University of Alabama Hospitals
7/1/2003 - 6/30/2007
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/2014 - 6/30/2017
More About My Work
American Board of Dermatology
American Board of OB/GYN
220 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.2
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.7
58 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Tyler has reported no relationships with companies or entities.