Matthew Farrell, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-4980
About MeAs a family medicine physician at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I treat patients with asthma, exercise induced asthma, athletic injuries, diabetes and hypertension. I also specialize in adolescent medicine and pediatrics, travel medicine, preconception care, contraception, medical education and health promotion. I think it’s important for patients to establish a relationship with a family physician they can trust.
I have a special interest in preventive medicine and vaccinations. I strongly promote preventive health with my patients in order to keep them from getting too sick in the first place. I believe that family medicine is the cornerstone of good healthcare. As family medicine physicians, we provide a basic service that everyone needs.
My favorite part about working at Ohio State is the opportunity to work with and teach medical students. It’s also a great location with good benefits.
When I’m not working, I enjoy traveling, cooking and spending time with my children.
- Lead physician for medical student education at OSU Family Practice New Albany, 2015
- Family medicine unit director, Med 3 Understanding Patients within Populations Ring, 2016
- Actively involved with Healthy New Albany as a steering committee member
- Physician educator/speaker
- Organized a family walk program, 2015
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Preventive Medicine
- Family Practice
- Adolescent Medicine
- Asthma, Exercise-Induced
- Education, Medical
- Health Promotion
- Athletic Injuries
- Travel Medicine
- Preconception Care
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Riverside Methodist Hospital
7/1/2009 - 6/30/2011
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
384 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.8
- Listens Carefully 4.7
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.7
- Knows My Medical History 4.5
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.7
72 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Farrell has reported no relationships with companies or entities.