Michael Alexander, MD
- Family Medicine
Appointments: (614) 293-8146
About MeAs a family physician at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I specialize in ambulatory care and have a particular interest in health promotion and preventive medicine.
I am proud to be a family physician. I enjoy developing long-term relationships with my patients and strive to provide personalized health care.
I received my undergraduate and medical education here at The Ohio State University and appreciate the opportunity to teach the next generation of physicians who are attending The Ohio State University College of Medicine.
When I’m not working I enjoy spending time with my wife and our two sons.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Faculty member of The Ohio State University’s Department of Family Medicine, 2002 - present
- Expert educator for Longitudinal Groups in Lead.Serve.Inspire (LSI) curriculum Part 1, The Ohio State University College of Medicine, 2014 - present
- Faculty advisor for the Ohio Alpha Chapter of Alpha Epsilon Delta, the National Health Preprofessional Honor Society, 2004 - present
Specialties and Conditions I Treat
- Family Medicine
- Gastroesophageal Reflux
- Preventive Medicine
- Ambulatory Care
- Rhinitis, Allergic, Seasonal
- Diabetes Mellitus, Type 2
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Medicine
Riverside Methodist Hospital
6/30/1999 - 6/30/2002
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
195 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
36 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Alexander has reported no relationships with companies or entities.