Neil Borja, DO
- Family Medicine
- Osteopathic Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-9777
About MeAs an integrative medicine physician and the division director for Integrative Medicine at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, I take a healing-oriented approach to care using evidence-based treatments. In addition to integrative medicine, my specialties include Traditional Chinese medicine and acupuncture. I provide integrative practices including osteopathic manipulation, mind-body practices, botanical medicine and trigger point treatments. When working with patients, I emphasize that nutrition, self-care and prevention are the cornerstone to health and wellbeing. I am very passionate about partnering with my patients to help guide them to a higher quality of life.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center because of the opportunity to collaborate with many different medical specialties when providing clinical care and participating in research. I also love working at an academic medical center where I’m able to educate the next generation of physicians and clinicians.
When I am not working I love spending time with my wife and children. I practice Qigong, yoga and enjoy biking around Columbus. My wife and I love gardening, cooking and being the caretakers of our 118-year-old home in the Victorian Village.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2017
- Division director, Ohio State Integrative Medicine, 2016
- Medical director, Integrative Oncology, James Cancer Hospital, 2018
- Started integrative medicine consultations and acupuncture treatments at the James Cancer Hospital, 2016
- Collaborated with medical oncology to develop the Advanced Breast Cancer Clinic at Stefanie Spielman Breast Cancer Center, 2017
- Presented at the Opiate Pain Crisis Summit, Franklin County Opiate Crisis Coalition, 2017
- Co-faculty, Advanced Competency in Integrative Medicine for fourth year medical students, 2017
- Faculty advisor for the student-run ear acupuncture clinic at Columbus Free Clinic, 2018
- Program director, Fellowship in Integrative Medicine, Department of Family Medicine, 2018
- Started integrative oncology consultations and acupuncture treatments at the Stefanie Spielman Breast Center and Martha Morehouse Medical Pavilion, 2018
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Soft Tissue Injuries
- Back Injuries
- Holistic Health
- Medicine, Chinese Traditional
- Family Practice
- Shoulder Pain
- Integrative Medicine
- Pain Management
- Mind-Body Therapies
- Health Promotion
- Manipulation, Osteopathic
- Herbal Medicine
Locations Where I Practice
Ohio State Integrative Medicine
Stefanie Spielman Comprehensive Breast Center
Education and Training
East Tennesse State Univ. Quillen College Medicine
7/1/2012 - 6/30/2014
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
93 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 5
- Time Spent Together 4.9
17 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 03/26/2018, Dr. Borja has reported no relationships with companies or entities.