Nima Baradaran, MD
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-8155
About MeAs a urologist, I specialize in genitourinary trauma and reconstruction. I enjoy being able to directly improve the quality of life for patients who suffer from conditions that arose due to other disorders or treatments for preexisting conditions. I also bridge the gap for children with urologic conditions as they transition to adulthood. I believe in treating my patients as if they were my own family, and create treatment plans based on my patients’ individual and unique sets of needs and goals.
My favorite part about Ohio State is the collegial environment. Working at an academic medical center means there’s a strong emphasis placed on patient care, teaching and research. I enjoy the opportunity to build my expertise in all these areas.
In my free time, I enjoy traveling, sailing and spending time outdoors.
- Published several peer-reviewed articles on various urologic topics
- Traveling resident scholar, International Volunteers in Urology, Ho Chi Minh, Vietnam, 2016
- Surgical intern of the year, Medical University of South Carolina, 2013
- My research interests include urethral stricture, transitional urology, urinary incontinence, renal and bladder trauma, pelvic fracture urethral injury, patient reported outcome measures and voiding dysfunction
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Erectile Dysfunction
- Balanitis Xerotica Obliterans
- Urinary Bladder, Neurogenic
- Bladder Exstrophy
- Radiation Injuries
- Lower Urinary Tract Symptoms
- Men's Health
- Penile Cancers
- Urinary Incontinence, Stress
- Reproductive Health
- Urethral Stricture
- Urinary Incontinence
- Reconstructive Surgical Procedures
- Urinary Fistula
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Tehran University of Medical Sciences
Medical University of South Carolina
7/1/2013 - 6/30/2017
GURS Trauma & Reconstruction Urology
University of California San Francisco Medical Center
7/1/2017 - 6/30/2018
More About My Work
51 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.7 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.7
- Listens Carefully 4.8
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.3
- Shows Respect 4.8
- Time Spent Together 4.7
20 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Baradaran has reported no relationships with companies or entities.