Patrick Vaccaro, MD
- Vascular Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-8536
About MeFor me, patient care is a continuum of mental, physical and spiritual support throughout a patient's lifetime and in a sense, is a lifetime pact between the patient and physician.
The focus of my practice is on vascular disease – both medical and surgical – with an emphasis on surgical care. Specifically, I concentrate on all aspects of vascular surgery, including endovascular surgery.
I became interested in vascular surgery because it stimulated me more than any other aspect of surgery. It’s very challenging and requires a commitment to performing very technically precise operations.
In my spare time, I enjoy relaxing with my family, reading books about the Civil War and attending Ohio State football games.
- America’s Top Surgeons
- Department of Surgery Teaching Excellence Award
- Castle Connolly awarded 2015 Top Doctor for Vascular Surgery
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2015–2018
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Venous Insufficiency
- Thoracic Outlet Syndrome
- Spider Veins
- Aortic Aneurysm
- Vascular Diseases
- Aortic Aneurysm, Abdominal
- Aortic Aneurysm, Thoracic
- Endovascular Procedures
- Carotid Artery Diseases
- Varicose Veins
- Peripheral Arterial Disease
- Compartment Syndromes
- Cardiovascular Diseases
Locations Where I Practice
Outpatient Care Upper Arlington
Education and Training
University of Cincinnati College of Medicine
Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center
7/1/1975 - 6/30/1980
Baylor University Medical Center
7/1/1980 - 6/30/1981
More About My Work
American Board of Surgery
American Board of Surgery (Subspecialty: Vascular Surgery)
Vascular Diseases and Surgery
News About Me
307 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.6 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.6
- Listens Carefully 4.7
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.6
- Knows My Medical History 4.3
- Shows Respect 4.7
- Time Spent Together 4.6
71 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Vaccaro has reported no relationships with companies or entities.