Robert Duerr, MD
- Orthopaedic Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 296-3600
About MeAs an orthopedic surgeon, I specialize in operative and non-operative management of sports-related injuries and conditions of the knee and shoulder. I treat patients of all ages, from the high school athlete to the weekend warrior. I have a special interest in joint preservation and treatments for early arthritis of the knee through my training at the Cartilage Repair Center at Harvard University. I plan to use the treatment strategies I learned in Boston for my patients at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center.
My favorite part about working at Ohio State is the team-based approach to care. I enjoy working closely with physical therapists, nurses, researchers, physician assistants and other physicians to ensure that our patients are receiving the best treatments resulting in the best outcomes.
When I’m not working I enjoy spending time outdoors, watching movies and attending Ohio State football games.
- Most outstanding resident research project, Allegheny Health Network, 2017
- Nominated to attend the American Orthopaedic Association resident leadership forum, 2016
- Community high school team physician
- I’ve trained with surgeons from around the world including Germany, Brazil and Japan
- My research interests include orthobiologics and robotic-assisted surgery for early arthritis
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Sports Medicine
- Athletic Injuries
- Leg Injuries
- Posterior Cruciate Ligament
- Joint Capsule Release
- Shoulder Joint
- Patellar Dislocation
- Anterior Cruciate Ligament
- Shoulder Pain
- Knee Dislocation
- Sprains and Strains
- Fracture Fixation
- Menisci, Tibial
- Knee Injuries
Locations Where I Practice
Jameson Crane Sports Medicine Institute
Education and Training
Allegheny General Hospital
7/1/2012 - 6/30/2017
Brigham & Woman's Hospital
7/1/2017 - 7/30/2018
More About My Work
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Duerr has reported no relationships with companies or entities.