Sarah Jonaus, MD
- Internal Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-8054
About MeBecoming a doctor was such a perfect match for me that I never really considered other options, despite having no physicians in my family or close circles.
Practicing internal medicine fits me because I’m a compassionate and generous listener who loves math and science, as well as a good challenge. Since no one can know everything in medicine, I enjoy being an important member of the team that manages challenging patient situations. Getting to know patients well over their lifetime helps me treat each person according to their values and needs.
As a general internist, I ensure that my patients get well, stay well and understand all aspects of their health care.
My deepest satisfaction during my workday comes when patients tell me that something that I did or said changed their lives and improved their quality of life. I’m also proud when medical students and residents tell me that I’ve changed the way that they practice medicine or how they live their lives for the better.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014, 2015, 2016, 2017
- Linda Strout Faculty Teaching Award
- Board certified in internal medicine
- Member of the Society of General Internal Medicine
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Internal Medicine
- Primary Care
- Preventive Medicine
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Wisconsin School of Medicine
University of Virginia Health System
7/1/1996 - 6/30/1999
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
207 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.9 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.9
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
56 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Jonaus has reported no relationships with companies or entities.