Shahid Nimjee, MD, PhD
- Neurological Surgery
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-8714
About MeAs a neurological surgeon at Ohio State, I specialize in open and endovascular neurosurgery. I believe in delivering the best possible care to patients when treating their conditions.
Because of my dual training in open and endovascular neurosurgery, I can focus on the optimal treatment for each patient rather than focusing on a technique of therapy. Being at the forefront of new treatments for neurovascular disease that have had a positive impact on patient outcomes fuels my passion for my career.
What I love most about working at Ohio State are the extensive resources that are available to patients. Everything a patient needs for his or her treatment and recovery, from the intensive care unit to the nationally recognized on-site rehabilitation institute, Dodd Hall, is right here at Ohio State. Because of these resources, we are able to provide the most complete care for our patients.
When I’m not at the hospital, I enjoy using Ohio State’s Recreation & Physical Activity Center (RPAC) and spending time with my family.
- Received the National Institutes of Health research award during first year on faculty at Ohio State
- Alpha Omega Alpha Honor Medical Society for contribution to patient care, teaching and scholarship
- Recruited to Ohio State to join nationally-recognized faculty of neurosurgeons providing care in all sub-specialties of neurosurgery
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Duke University School of Medicine
Duke University Medical Center
7/1/2007 - 6/30/2012
Duke University Medical Center
7/1/2012 - 6/1/2014
More About My Work
News About Me
80 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.9
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.8
21 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Nimjee has reported no relationships with companies or entities.