Shalina Nair, MD
- Family Medicine
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-2614
About MeAs a family medicine physician, I strive to provide quality, evidence-based care for my patients. I am passionate about including healthy lifestyle as part of chronic disease management and preventive care. I think nutrition and exercise are very important for improving both physical and mental health. I encourage my patients to take an active role in the decision-making process so that we are working as a team to maximize their overall health.
I enjoy working at an innovative academic medical center. As a top leader in health care, Ohio State offers a vast network of resources for physicians and patients alike. Having access to new research and excellent specialists ensures that we continue to provide our patients with the best care possible.
In my free time I enjoy traveling, hiking, running and going to Ohio State football games.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2017
- Quality lead, 2015–present
- eConsult PCP lead for Family Medicine, 2018
- Six Sigma Green Belt, 2015?
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Preventive Medicine
- Women's Health
- Primary Care
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
Northeastern Ohio University Western Reserve Care System
Crozer-Keystone Family Practice Residency
7/1/2000 - 6/25/2002
More About My Work
American Board of Family Medicine
288 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.6
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.9
75 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Nair has reported no relationships with companies or entities.