As a family medicine nurse practitioner, I provide a multidisciplinary approach to patient care while navigating families through any and all health concerns. I also provide referals to the appropriate specialists on a situational basis. I often assist patients with smoking cessation, and some of the most common conditions I treat include depression, diabetes, hypertension and hyperlipidemia. There are many chronic diseases that can be avoided through healthy lifestyle choices such as proper nutrition and adequate physical activity, so I have taken a special interest in health promotion and disease prevention. My goal is to lend families a healing hand while encouraging all patients to be the best versions of themselves.
As a proud two-time Ohio State graduate, I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center as OSU has always felt like a second home to me. I feel blessed to work at a place where access to the highest quality care and resources are at my fingertips.
When I’m not working, I enjoy relaxing with my husband and playing with our two children. I also spend time fundraising for the nonprofit organization, Jordan’s Guardian Angels.
- Rated in the top 10 percent of physicians in the nation for patient satisfaction, 2014 and 2019
- Member of the Ohio Association of Advanced Practice Nurses, the American Academy of Nurse Practitioners and the Ohio Nurses Association
- Serve as a preceptor to Family Nurse Practitioner students and help onboard the Family Nurse Practitioner fellows
- Involved with supporting patients with pre-diabetes and diabetes through the department’s Diabetes Prevention Program, Diabetes Support Group and through enrollment in the Ohio Type 2 Diabetes Learning Collaborative
- Presented data from the Diabetes Prevention Program at the OSU Advanced Practice Provider Conference
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Bone Marrow Transplantation
- Health Promotion
Education and Training
Ohio State University College of Nursing
General Internal Medicine and Geriatrics
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
412 Patient Satisfaction Reviews