Steven Kalbfleisch, MD
- Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology
- Physician What's this? A physician, or doctor, is extensively trained to diagnose and treat complex medical problems. Often, physicians focus their practice on certain disease categories, treatment methods or patient types. Physicians can diagnose and treat illness, prescribe medication, offer medical consultation and advice, perform surgery and more.
Appointments: (614) 293-7677
About MeAs an electrophysiologist, I specialize in the care of cardiac arrhythmias. I take a multidisciplinary approach to care. My team and I consult with the appropriate specialists if additional input is needed to provide the best outcomes. I’m passionate about being able to deliver therapies that can significantly improve my patients’ quality of life.
My research interests include evaluating new technologies for ablation of cardiac arrhythmias and advancements in cardiac device therapy, specifically pacemakers and defibrillators.
I enjoy working at The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center because it’s an institution that continuously strives to improve the quality of care, and I always receive the necessary support to perform advanced arrhythmia therapies.
When I’m not working, I enjoy golfing, fly fishing and spending time with my family and dogs.
- Named to the Castle Connolly list of “Regional Top Doctors,” 2015–2018
- Best Doctor in America, 2017
- Castle Connolly Doctor of the Year, 2017
- Medical director, Electrophysiology Lab, 2007–present
- Member, Heart Rhythm Society, 2006–present
Procedures and Conditions I Treat
- Atrial Fibrillation
- Tachycardia, Supraventricular
- Defibrillators, Implantable
- Cardiac Resynchronization Therapy
- Heart Block
- Tachycardia, Ventricular
- Wolff-Parkinson-White Syndrome
- Atrial Flutter
- Ventricular Premature Complexes
- Internal Medicine
- Arrhythmias, Cardiac
- Device Removal
- Catheter Ablation
- Cardiovascular Diseases
- Coronary Care Units
Locations Where I Practice
Education and Training
University of Michigan Hospitals
7/1/1987 - 6/30/1991
Cardiology & Electro
University of Michigan Hospitals
7/1/1991 - 6/30/1993
More About My Work
American Board of Internal Medicine
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Cardiovascular)
American Board of Internal Medicine (Subspecialty: Clinical Cardiac Electrophysiology)
190 Patient Satisfaction Reviews
The overall patient satisfaction rating is an average of all patient responses to the six doctor communication related questions shown below from the Clinician and Group Consumer Assessment of Healthcare Providers and Systems survey. For additional information about the patient satisfaction survey, please visit our Patient Satisfaction Survey page.
The comments are submitted by patients and reflect their view and opinions. The comments are not endorsed by and do not necessarily reflect the views of Ohio State Wexner Medical Center.
4.8 out of 5
- Explains Things Clearly 4.9
- Listens Carefully 4.9
- Gives Understandable Instructions 4.8
- Knows My Medical History 4.8
- Shows Respect 4.9
- Time Spent Together 4.7
43 Patient CommentsLoad More Comments
Consulting and Related Relationships
At The Ohio State University Wexner Medical Center, we support a faculty member’s research and consulting in collaboration with medical device, research and/or drug companies because a faculty member’s expertise can guide important advancements in the practice of medicine and improve patient care. In order to provide effective management of these relationships, the University requires annual disclosures from all faculty members with external interests related to their University responsibilities.
As of 12/20/2018, Dr. Kalbfleisch has reported no relationships with companies or entities.